Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Carry Us Through

So I am not a poet - in any sense of the word, :) but the other day when trials and burdens seemed slightly overwhelming, God put a few words on my heart. 
---

When we're feeling lost and lonely,
The only thing that we can do,
Is look to Jesus, the pure and holy,
He will always guide us through.

When we're feeling weak and helpless,
Devoid of hope and hurt from pride,
God is always there to help us,
He will always be our guide.

When we're overwhlemed with worry,
When our burdens seem too hard,
"Simply to the CROSS" we'll carry,
"Everything to God in prayer."

---  
Back at the beginning of this past fall, I was talking with a friend on the phone.  We were talking back and forth about how crazy it has been and about how much everything changes as the years go by.  I was also sharing some frustrations that I was facing, as well as feelings of inadequacy in my physical and spiritual life.  Pretty much, for some reason, I was convinced that I wasn't doing enough: enough school, enough work, enough struggling.  I was convinced that whatever I was going through was less then everyone else because it wasn't enough.  

Well, God bless her, she knocked me on my noggin and told me to think again.  

"Listen girl, don't you think that whatever you're going through, whatever you're experiencing, is any less than anyone else because it's different.  What happens to you, what you go through, is specific to you.  It's not any less hard, or less growing, than what I go through or my Mom or whoever, because it is happening to you!  God know exactly how he wants you to grow, and what you go through fits into His plan for you."

(I have awesome friends). :)

Anyway...it could be that you're trying to find out what to do with your life.  You may be unsure of what is ahead, or you could be belittling yourself like I was.  But, like my friend pointed out, don't forget that God has a plan for you.  That God knows what's best in ALL circumstances, even when those circumstances seem like the farthest thing from anything good.  Don't get down and overburdened with your future or your life or your circumstances, but simply to carry all your hopes, sorrows, and fears to God.  He will always carry us through. 


"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."-Joshua 1:9

"Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know."-Jeremiah 33:3

"Be still, and know that I am God..."-Psalm 46:10

"Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."- Isaiah 41:10

No comments:

Post a Comment